It all began with Giuseppe Raccaro, who, back in 1928, decided to move from the Natisone Valleys to a farmhouse just a few steps from the Church of Santa Maria Apollonia, at the foot of Mount Quarin, overlooking Cormòns.
The church, known as Sant’Apollonia, has early medieval origins, dating from the fourteenth century, and has always been important in the history of our winery. It is, indeed, from this church, located in one of the most ideal vine-growing areas of the Collio wine region, and ever surrounded by vineyards, that our family’s passion for wine stems.
It was in the very vineyards surrounding the church that Giuseppe Raccaro’s son, Mario, began specializing in vine cultivation and the grape and wine trade.
However, the real turning point came in 1986, when his son Dario began to bottle wines, deciding to devote himself completely to the production of quality wines.
Today, Dario, together with his wife Dalila and his two sons Paolo and Luca, dedicates body and soul to the vineyards, in order to create authentic wines, capable of expressing the terroir, with honest work that fully respects nature.